Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Room for rent in Mckinley Hills, Taguig City, Philippines



IMPORTANT NOTE: I no longer stay at Woodridge Residence since November 2014. I am not aware if there were still any available rooms. Lalo na if may naghahanap ng kasama. But you can always contact the numbers provided in the last picture directly or do what I did which is to post sa ibilik or olx ng "Wanted Roommate" :)

DISCLAIMER: I am no business partner nor stock holder of The Woodridge Residence. I am but a humble FORMER tenant here.

Cheapest Room for Rent in Mckinley Hill, Taguig City

As I was experimenting this HTML thing (I was trying the insert image tutorial) for my blog site launching, I saw this picture of mine while browsing my files. I actually have no intention of posting a blog at this moment, but my brain and my hands joined forces that, if only they have their own voices, felt like saying "Jen, just write anything OK? C'mon, you are an official blogger now." And so here it is..

Central Park in front of Woodridge Residence Tower 2.
I decided to focus on the background of this picture I posted. That's me (holding an IPAD and smiling. This picture was supposed to be an entry to my employer's search for their product model. I didn't win. Haha) And that building at the background, THE WOODRIDGE RESIDENCE. 

THE WOODRIDGE RESIDENCE Tower 2

Hmm, so what's there to say? Well, I moved in here last September 2013. It's a walking distance (as in super) to my office. So, if you are working or will be working at Accenture, Hewlett Packard, Thomson Reuters, UnitedHealth or any company around Mckinley Hill, or will be studying at Enderun, Chinese International School, etc., The Woodridge Residence is a good place to consider if you are looking for a temporary house. Plus it is very cheap. Yes. It is cheap. Let me elaborate.

******************************************

Ok. Date check: August 14, 2014. I was like composing this blog way back October 7, 2013. Hahahaha! Sorry na, busy lang. :p

****************************************

I know three condominiums located in Mckinley: Stamford, Morgans and Tuscany. The cheapest unit I found was 15k per month, fully furnished, in Stamford. Yes, it's kind of a good deal. They have a gym and a swimming pool. Pwede na. That time I have 2 other office-mates searching for a place. So 15k divided by 3, P5000. No electric and water bill and other fees yet. (That price was for a year ago. I don't know if you can still find a 15k fully furnished room these days).

But then, someone told my officemate that there's an apartment in Mckinley which has only more or less than 2k monthly rental per head, inclusive of electric and water bill. 2k! Imagine that! So we checked it out.


Tower 1




The Woodridge Residence is more of a dormitory style building. It has two towers. Tower 1 is for rooms with two double decks which can occupy 4 persons. Tower 2 is for rooms with 5 double decks which can occupy 10 persons. I live in Tower 2. :)



Good-for-4-persons Room
  • Two Double Decks
  • One Aircon
  • You have your own shower room
  • You have your own toilet room (Yes, shower and toilet bowl are in separate doors)
  •  You have your own kitchen

Good-for-10-persons Room
  • Five Double Decks
  • One Aircon
  • Common Bathroom and Toilet room (Per Floor)
  • Common Pantry (Per Floor)


Here is how you can live in The Woodridge Residence for as low as 2k per month, more or less.

One room is worth P17,920. Be it in the Tower 1 or Tower 2.
*Disclaimer: This is all based on what I understood during our inquiry. It may or may not be different to the real scenario. But I am quite sure this is correct. If not, please feel free to correct me and I will update this blog. :)

So, to be able to achieve more or less than 2k rental fee, one must choose to stay in the good-for-10-persons room. P17,920 divided by 10 is P1,792. As far as I know, you can rent the room even if you are less than 10 (or 4 for Tower 1). Of course it will just be more expensive for you guys.

Tower 2 front desk. I told the guards on duty I'd take a picture of them. Obviously they are camera shy. Hehe.

I mentioned that it is 2k inclusive of electric and water bill.
Water bill is fixed at P85 per month regardless of the consumption.
Electric bill will be divided by 10. Let say in a room, their electric bill is P1500. So, divide it by 10, it is P150 per head.
Just do the math. :)

And so I recruited 7 other girls thru ibilik.ph and sulit.com (now olx.com) to join us in the good-for-10-persons room.  I even managed to recruit 8 other girls making us 11 in one room since two girls agreed to share one bed. Of course you have to tell it to the Woodridge administration. So our electric bill is divided by 11, much cheaper. Yey!

My Ad in iBilik.ph: http://www.ibilik.ph/rooms/558948/wanted-female-roommate-woodridge-mckinley-no-longer-available

Staying in the good-for-10-persons room isn't as bad as others may think. One might say it will look crowded, but actually it is not. Our room in Tower 2 is 25.8 sq.m. I'm just not sure if it's the same with the rooms in Tower 1. 


One might say there will be a queue or waiting when using the bathroom, actually I haven't experience it yet. There are 10 shower cubicles and 7 toilet cubicles per floor. Our bathroom even has the hot or cold water feature.





You can cook and eat in the pantry.

Can you see my dorm mate cooking? She even brought her laptop and electric fan in the pantry :D

You can stay and hang out in the lounge. In Tower 1, the lounge is air-conditioned and has free wifi. I don't know why it is not the same way in Tower 2. Maybe because Tower 1 has less tenants since its rooms are good-for-4-persons only, and so less people hanging out in the lounge. Hehe. But you can always go to Tower 1 lounge even if you live in Tower 2. :D




The whole place is presentable since I noticed that the maintenance cleans our bathroom and pantry everyday. Cleaning of air-conditioner filter in your room is also free. You just have to set an appointment in the admin office.



The only downside of the good-for-10-persons room for me is that the access key card is limited. The admin only issues 4 access cards per room. You may request for 2 more, but you have to pay 600 each. Therefore, six maximum access cards  per room. Each room door is installed with RF (Radio frequency) lock. You need the access card to unlock doors to enter your room. Well, we survived one year dealing with limited access card so I guess it just depends on your strategy. You can always knock if you have kind dorm mates :D




The Woodridge Residence has a 1-year contract, meaning you need to stay for one year or else your security deposit will be forfeited. Before you move in, you need to pay 2-months advance and 2-months security deposit. Your deposit will be reimbursed after you terminate your completed contract. Should you wish to continue your stay and renew your contract, a 10% increase in the monthly rental and Security deposit will be applied to your next contract (in our case, from P17,920 it will be P19,712 per month). Security deposit from previous contract will be carried over. Therefore, you need to pay again an advance of 2 months, plus the additional 10% on your security deposit. 


48 comments:

  1. hi, I am very happy to see your post about Woodridge cause we are looking for a dorm for our daughter who will/might study in enderun college. we currently live abroad and this will be her first time to be away from us. if it is alright with you I just have a few question. we are preferring to do the tower 1 and my mother might accompany her. is the place really a walking distance from enderun? (by how many minutes walk) is it a co-ed building? is it safe to walk around the premises during night time? that's my only concern. thanks a lot and your blog post really helped me I think some people too who want to move in woodridge. very informative. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I am glad you found my post helpful. :)

      To answer your concerns:

      is the place really a walking distance from enderun? (by how many minutes walk)
      - Yes! Hmm, I think it is just about 10 minutes walk.

      is it a co-ed building?
      - If by co-ed you meant an all-girls dormitory, NO. But almost all tenants in Tower 1 are students. A lot of Korean students as I have observed. Some are Enderun students too. :)

      is it safe to walk around the premises during night time?
      - In my own opinion, yes. It's like there are guards everywhere (you know, guards from the other establishments like Accenture, Blue Leaf, Venice Piazza, etc). There are also guards roaming around the area. I think they are watching over the parked vehicles. For more than 1 year of living here, I can say that Mckinley Hill is such a secured place.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi. Do you know who still needs a room/dormmate? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hellow mark!

      are you still looking for a room/dormmate? thanks

      Delete
    2. Hi, I know this is so overly late inquiry, but I am just wondering if there's still any available slot on our place for a room/dorm mate. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Hi. Do you know who still needs a room/dormmate? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mark.

      It is best if you will post in olx.com or ibilik.com just like what I did. :)
      My office mates also ask me the same question, maybe you can all join together.

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hello!

    Thank you for your post!

    Will surely consider your Roommatefinder site in the future. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i m v happy to see your blog The Woodridge Residence is a good place to consider if you are looking for a temporary house. Plus it is very cheap. Yes. It is cheap. Let me elaborate.

    Student accommodation close to De Montford University | Student accommodation close to Leicester University

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi..thanks sa info.. I'm planning to stay jan sa woodridge.. pwd malaman kung anong commute options to and from woodridge at net plaza, bgc? incomplete kc nasearch q via Gmaps.. ano pong bus/jeep ang dumadaan jan at sa net plaza, bgc? thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    Application For loan
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Next Of Kin:
    Date Of Birth:
    Marital Status:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Weekly income:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Date of loan needed:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:
    which site do you know in U.S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi.

    Dapat 10 na kyo lahat in order to rent a room?

    What ako lang ang mag rent can i join those who are already existing tenant?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,would like to know if meron pang available kahit bed spacer lang.pls advise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look the site it was a very good and very informative in many aspects thanks for share such a nice work. rooms for rent

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyday many people arrives their because they need a room, and they have a plan to stay in their for study and their other issues, and this is very useful web from them.


    Warehouse apartments | Best student accommodation in Preston


    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! May I ask if it is walking distance to accenture mckinley ? Thanks. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. meron pa po bang naghahanap ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! may naghahanap pa po ba?or may available pa po ba kahit sa tower 2 po ..thank you po!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pasali po. I'm looking for a Bedspace for rent. Contact me and I will join asap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, im looking for bed space. May available?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, sana you're still looking for a female roommate. May available pa kaya? Thank you. Wiling to move in asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kindly contact me din if may available kayo. Thank you :) 09323801217/ 09369797202 :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. my avail pa ba? contact me 09959623791 - will move this sept

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is it available still? I need a place to stay asap. Contact me 09273780318

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is it available still? I need a place to stay asap. Contact me 09273780318

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is it available still? I need a place to stay asap. Contact me 09273780318

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi do you have sharing room and how far from mckinelly? Please let me know 09273492302

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Need nyo po ba ng kasama? nag hahanap po kasi ako male 09954528282

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi baka meron pa pong available room for male.. Please contact me 09553409028 thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi..meron pa bang available for female (1 bedspace) and how much?..i am starting to work at optum global, hopefully i can get a cheaper and nearer place to stay..pls contact me 09362541483..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice review Jennifer, I found this condo and I love it. Nice condo for rent in Taguig

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi !

    Found this blog while looking for affordable rooms. Nghahanap po ako ng available room na affordable.Target ko sna mgkawork at tumira within this area. If there's any chance na may alam kayong work (Secretarial / administrative) and good place to stay it will be a very big help :). Please contact me here +97433137077 (whatsapp or viber) Have a nice day everyone ! Salamat po :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi.. I'm looking for a bedspace where my daughter can fit in. She's going to start her work 1st week of November in ust global. I hope you could help me. Pls. contact me at 09777865479 if ever there's still a space. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi... im looking for a room na affordable..for ladies ( for 4).. meron pa po bang available?.. if meron po please contact me at 09502345592.thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looking for bedspace
    Pls contact me in my email at ramilesmeria66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi kilangan nya pa po bang room/doormate?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, nice blog. Im looking for a dorm and i think woodridge is the best option. May naghahanap po ba dyan ng roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi jovu yes less go? 2 kami haha

    ReplyDelete
  38. coast residence condo unit for rentoffers great convenience in terms of transportation options. Traveling is a breeze as there is easy access to public transit. Enjoying a premier location along Roxas Boulevard, it is right by major routes of public and private vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  39. coast residence condo unit for rentoffers great convenience in terms of transportation options. Traveling is a breeze as there is easy access to public transit. Enjoying a premier location along Roxas Boulevard, it is right by major routes of public and private vehicles.

    ReplyDelete